The increased amount of time that most people spent in their houses in 2020 made them more aware of both the comforts of the home and its limitations. One of the biggest problems was the feeling of being cooped up indoors. The yard offered a welcome change but it was rarely enough to counter the negative impact of the lockdown. Even though the arrival of COVID-19 vaccines means that the end of the pandemic is in sight, the importance of having a yard to spend time in remains. Landscaping plays a key role in making the yard inviting and relaxing. A top-quality landscape that truly offers the benefits of being outdoors requires professional landscaping.
If you area rookie, here is a basic summary of what a professional landscape service must offer you.
- Design: A great landscape combines beauty and functionality. A qualified and experienced landscaper will be able to understand your sensibilities, the kind of landscape you want, your budget and how your yard will be used. With all this in mind, he will create designs for you and work with you to give you the perfect landscape.
- Creation: Once you have decided on a design you like, the landscaping company will bring the design to life for you.
However, this is not the end of it. A yard, with all its flowers, plants, shrubs and foliage is a living organism. This means it needs to be cared for to keep it looking its best. This care and maintenance involves:
- Bed Maintenance and Detailing: Your flower beds need to be weeded, trimmed, pruned and cleaned regularly. Done properly, they will remain a thing of beauty. If neglected, they will become an eyesore.
- Pruning and Hedging: Plants grow at different rates and need pruning at different times. Many also have specific times of the year when they need to be pruned to remain healthy. If this is not done, the yard will look unkempt and the plants will become sick and straggly.
- Seasonal Clean-up: With the change in seasons, the yard will need to be deep cleaned to remove any accumulated dirt and debris that could damage the plants.
- Soil Supplements: The turf cannot be ignored. It needs supplements to keep it healthy and to make it fertile for the plants. Special treatment may be required to ensure that no fungal growth damages the plants.
- Pest Control: Healthy plants attract all kinds of pests and if they are not dealt with, they will kill the plant. The type of pest control is important – it needs to get rid of the pests without damaging the plants.
- Irrigation: Depending on the soil, the climatic conditions and the types of plants in the yard, irrigation may be required. Only a professional landscaping service will be able to design and put in place an irrigation system that will be effective.
- Walkways and Patios: These can add character to a landscape. Paver installation, if not done correctly, will be ugly, uneven and awkward to walk on. Patio landscaping is a special talent because it must blend the deck with the landscape while making it a place for the outdoor activities the family enjoys.
- Lighting: A beautiful yard is for both, the day and the night. With the right landscape lighting, it can become a place to spend time in after sunset, either to relax or to entertain.
Using a professional landscaper is the right way to create and maintain a yard in which the whole family will love to spend time.