Gardens are living organisms, and like all living things, they age. Just as human beings dress and groom themselves to look good, gardens too need to be designed and groomed to look their best. That is what we call landscaping. Landscapes need to maintain their appearance just as people do. At times, people want a makeover just for the freshness and feeling of rejuvenation, inside and out, that it gives them. The same applies to landscapes – even with the best of care, there often comes a time when a new look is needed to rejuvenate the home – a rejuvenation that impacts not just the exterior but the indoors also. That is renovation landscaping.
Renovation Makes a Difference
Just like home renovation, there is no cookie-cutter approach to a landscape renovation. It is a process, and no two projects are alike. A landscape must reflect the personality of the family that inhabits the home. The scope of the renovation can range from bringing the landscape back to what it originally was to updating its look to creating or adding new features, plants, colors, and garden structures.
Landscape renovation gives a home a new look outside and a fresh aura inside. A refreshed landscape:
- uplifts the spirits of the occupants
- makes the outside a more enjoyable place to spend time.
- Brings back entertainment options by making the outside a viable venue.
- Adds to the curb appeal of the house. Even if the property is not being sold, the increased value that will be seen by everyone is a matter of pride.
The Renovation Process
The renovation process will depend on the existing landscape and the ideas that the homeowner has about the changes and/or upgrades that are wanted. A professional landscape designer will be able to produce a plan that will allow the owner to know what the new garden will look like so he can be confident about the end result. In general, the renovation will include:
- Fixing grading and drainage issues that have developed over time.
- Repairing, changing or installing new hardscapes like walkways, patios, fountains, etc.
- Replacing or rejuvenating plants, trees, and foliage that are showing the effects of age.
- Design and style modifications to reflect the new tastes of the homeowners.
- Providing spaces for entertaining and open-air activities.
- Ensuring that the renovated landscape bends seamlessly into the overall appearance of the home.
Get the Best Results
Home renovation experts will tell you never to cut corners on the various projects you are doing – a substandard result in one area will reflect on the quality of the renovation as a whole. The same is true of garden renovation. One misstep in the design, choice of plants, ignoring the importance of patio landscaping, and so on can ruin what would have been a beautiful outdoor space. Landscape renovation is a complex job and is best done by an expert landscape service that will be able to create the renovated garden you want and need.
- What is landscape renovation?
- How it makes a difference.
- How to get the best results.