Creating a beautifully landscaped garden or yard can change the look of your home and increase its curb appeal and market value. Making a great landscape requires the kind of expertise and experience that only a professional landscaping company will possess. People often try their hand at DIY landscaping to save money, but the results are never going to be as good as a professional job. Professionals also know how to stretch a budget and maximize the return on every dollar spent on landscaping. The other area where homeowners often slip up is landscape maintenance.
A beautiful and professionally created landscape needs to be maintained to keep it looking its best. Homeowners rarely, if ever, have the specialized skills required for landscape maintenance. Watching a lovely yard deteriorate because the maintenance is unable to keep it at its best is not just sad, it also creates a depressing atmosphere that affects everyone living in the home. That is why landscape maintenance is as important as landscape design and creation.
Landscape Maintenance – Finding the Right Service
The ideal course of action is to have a landscape designed, executed and maintained by the same professional landscape service. However, if that is not possible or if you have a landscaped yard and are searching for a landscaping company to maintain it, here is what you need to look for:
• Check testimonials from other clients to see how focused the company is on providing quality service and maintaining standards.
• Check on the qualifications and experience of the company and its staff. Do not hesitate to ask questions to get the information you want.
• Avoid companies that try to confuse you with jargon – they usually have something to hide. Go for the company that gives clear and direct answers to your questions.
• Check on the scope of the available services. Are they what you need? Can they be tailored to meet your specific requirements?
• Will the company do other work you may require such as patio landscaping or installing pavers?
• Check on the cost. Ask for a detailed breakup on any work that seems to be too expensive. A good landscape service will do this willingly. While cost is an important consideration, remember that compromising on landscape maintenance is compromising on the upkeep of your home and repairing a badly maintained garden is more expensive than paying a reasonable amount for proper maintenance.
Professional landscaping companies are generally eager to take up maintenance work. According to the National Association of Landscaping Professionals over 33% of them say that this is the fastest-growing area of service. Picking the right landscape service to maintain your yard is not something you should compromise on. Pick the best landscaping company in your area and enjoy your home without any maintenance hassles.